Wave PTX is a network-independent broadband push-to-talk (PTT) subscription service from Motorola Solutions. It uses the cloud to extend two-way radio communication to smartphones, tablets, PC and WAVE PTX radios. Wave PTX allows you to communicate on any 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi network, anywhere in the EU countries by using talkgroup and private calls, text messaging, video, photo and file sharing, GPS location, mapping and tracking, etc.
The Wave PTX Sefeguard Package adds security features like Emergency Alarms and Calls, Remote User Check, Ambience Listening, Discreet Listening, User Disable/Enable, etc. Its LMR Integration feature allows to connect Wave PTX to MOTOTRBO, DIMETRA or Astro 25 radio systems for unified communication between PTT and radio users.
The Streaming Video option allows users to send live video to other users, dispatchers or talkgroups.
Wave PTX has the following components:
- Wave PTX Mobile Application – turns Android and iOS smartphones into PTT handsets
- Wave PTX Dispatch Application – allows powerful dispatch features from any Windows PC
- TLK 100, TLK 150 Wave PTX Radios and Evolve, MOTOTRBO ION Smart Devices – rugged Motorola Solution devices that allow PTT communication in any harsh environmental conditions and additional features. MOTOTRBO radios with Wi-Fi can also be used (but only in Wi-Fi coverage areas).
- Wave PTX Admin Portal – web-based centralized management of users and talkgroups. All corresponding settings are automatically loaded/programmed “over-the-air” into the PTT devices
- Wave Radio Gateway – optional device that allows LMR integration with MOTOTRBO radio systems